Monday, August 15, 2011

Postcard Swap

Bloom is the theme for the most recent postcard swap.


So I created my postcard with a copy of a picture I drew. I wrote on it....


Added some pressed flowers, sewed it onto some handmade paper and a stiff backing piece, and finished it with a layer of wax.



I then mailed it off to the United Kingdom. Working on this project I realized it has been a long time since I have spent time drawing a face.... and I want to.... so little time, so much I want to do!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet face! I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled! I know I would!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim
    I am the recipient and I love it! It is a beautiful ethereal card and the lovely face is smiling at me in my kitchen! Greetings from Cumbria in UK Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanted to drop by and see what your day consisted of...you always have something very interesting to view. Your drawing is excellent. Yes, you should attempt to make more time for drawing...but isn't it difficult? So many 'wants' and so little time. What a wonderful card to receive in the mail...ah, covet! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. the person who found this lovely piece in their mailbox is a lucky person.
    well done!
    jill

    ReplyDelete