Friday, July 24, 2015

Collaged Birds


I attended an arts festival last week,
in which I demonstrated how I make
animal collages. 

I began this bird at the demonstration,
but found I ended up adding lots more
bits and pieces too him once I got home. 
I forgot to take any pictures of it before the final bits were added.


All of the bits of paper in this collage 
are from papers that I decorated
by colouring and stamping and mark making onto.
(tea bags, tissue, my handmade paper)
I prefer using paper I have decorated in my collages
but occasionally a bit of old envelope of something
also appears.


This was the next piece I created during my demonstration
It too was added to once I was home.
(once again I have no before picture)


You can see bits of papers using Seth's stamps 
....in  the legs, wing, tail, ground & behind the eye and the beak.


Collage Fun - Just Tear and Paste!




I then had a bit of fun playing with these birds on my computer. 

12 comments:

  1. These are so lovely. I am currently working to improve the way I create birds as I want them to feature more in my artwork and I haven't been happy with what I have done to date. Your birds have given me lots of inspiration,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so wonderful Kim. I would have been entranced watching you work your demonstration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely birds & the papers made from Seth's stamps are great - he must be delighted. I adore your beautiful bowls & everything else made from the 'dump' for the cabinet of curiosities, just delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such great textures and colors - so intricate and enchanting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay now I am inspired. You say JUST tear and paste? Yeah Kim JUST. Ha! Really, I am going to try this because of your beautiful work. I love your work. Always. N, x

    ReplyDelete
  7. More inspiration , and as a bonus ...a bird!
    I think you are very talented Kim and your creations make me smile !! So glad I discovered your blog
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charming bird collages! It must be difficult to demonstrate such things in front of a crowd of people. Well done!

    ReplyDelete