Saturday, November 18, 2017

Bowl Making


Yesterday I spent much of my day working on bowl making.  
I started them many months ago, and they have waited patiently for my return.   
I managed to finish 2, and prepped four more. 







These bowls are made from egg carton pulp 
that is covered with layers of tea bag paper and paint 
before being decorated. 
The final coat is a layer of encaustic wax. 



I have a plan for this one.....


but this one will just happen as I go along. 

I was planning to work on these today, but the day was sunny.....



and the mountains called me. 


Maybe I will work on them tomorrow.....

12 comments:

  1. beautiful bowls and photos, I would love to try making one myself as I am a bowl collector, so much potential in a bowl

    ReplyDelete
  2. With wonderful views like these, I can only wonder that you get any work done at all! But the bowls are lovely, like so much of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know which is more beautiful, your bowls or your mountains! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bowls are wonderful! Yes, when nature calls, we must answer! That is what our art is all about isn’t it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what I look more: these incredible snow and mountainpictures or your magical bowls. love both. greeting from rainy mainz (germany) eva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ola. Sou Brasileira. Sou artesa e artista plastica. Amo artes, Amei sua arte oce pode ensinar?
    Que tipo de cola oce usou? Desde ja te agradeco e te parabenizo pelo lindo trabalho que voce desenvvolveu.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So how do you make them? Directions please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magnífico seu trabalho!Gostaria de aprender muiiittooo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please tell me what kind of paint that you use on your bowls. Thank you

    ReplyDelete