Sunday, April 15, 2012

Constant State of Becoming




This piece is one that is presently on my desk.



I started it many months ago. It is a painting on a plaster covered cradle board.



and although it has had many different looks I forgot to take pictures along the way.





This is how it looks today. I am not sure if it is finished or not





as she, like me is in a constant state of becoming....



I did hang her on the wall to take a picture .... which usually means the piece is done, but I have taken an "on the wall picture" of her three times already, (which I deleted so I don't have them to share) and continued to add to her. I will leave her for a while and see what she becomes....

13 comments:

  1. Kim, this work is beautiful. Her face is tender, thoughtful and just plain pretty. She is like a Jane Eyre in a way. The artwork on plaster really adds to all the texture and in your photo seems to soften the colors? Do you add plaster to the front of your canvas or do you buy them that way?

    I would call this beautiful work done and finished and complete. No doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful. She seems to have a secret that she's holding inside. I agree with Lisa (above) she reminds me of Jane Eyre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks finished to me. I think it looks beautiful up on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like her very much too! Her smile reminds me of Mona Lisa and there is something mysterious and wise about her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tender - a perfect description! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Kim. I love it hanging on your white wall. It shows so well there. No wonder gallery walls are usually white.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know if she's done or not, but she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me encanta tu blog ! felicidades ! te sigo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love how the light falls across the painting..old world looking..very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Kim. I'm so glad to have found your blog today. Your work is wonderful, and this lady is especially stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. she is timelessly beautiful... just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete