I am a bit of a procrastinator, and I told myself it was time to finish a few items that have been sitting around the studio for far too long.
I decided to start with finishing these three blank books.
This one has been sitting in my 'to finish' bin for some time - all it needed was to be sewn together.
It is made with a cover that has layers of paper, fabric, glue, paint and paste wax.
Here you can see a bit of the original text and images that were on the paper I used for the cover.
The cover is quite stiff, but still bendable.
The layers of fabric and paper to make this cover, as well as the pages, have also been sitting in my 'to finish' bin for too long. It was time to finish it.
I glued all of the fabric and paper layers together and added a coat of paste wax to protect the cover and give it a nice feel. The cover is more flexible then the previous book.
Before I sewed the pages into the book,
I took it to my lovely old sewing machine and bravely added some circles on it.
My machine is the one my mother used to sew my clothes many years ago when I was a young girl. It is a heavy duty machine that can sew through many layers, but it can't do free motion stitching, so my circles are a bit rough.
Then I made a hard covered book using a handmade piece of paper that I made and painted on some time ago. I finished it by adding a bit of collage and paint and stamps and mounted it on book board. It to is covered with a layer of paste wax to protect it and give it a nice feel.
It is nice to see these completed, and out of the stack of unfinished creations!