Sunday, March 25, 2012

Naturally Dyed Easter Eggs


All you need to make these beautifully dyed eggs
is some onion skins,



some white eggs, and a pair of old nylons that you cut the legs out of.



Each egg turns out so beautiful. Last year I wrote a post with instructions on how to make these (you can find it here). And since Easter is only two weeks away, I thought I would show you these eggs with some time to gather what you need in case you want to join me in making some.


I have found that it doesn't make a difference in the colour on the egg whether you use the red onion skins or the yellow ones. What does make a difference is how tightly you hold the peels against the egg, so I always nestle them as tightly as I can. When the eggs are finished, I then rub them with a paper towel that has a little vegetable oil on it. This gives the eggs a nice sheen.

I always love how they turn out.

4 comments:

  1. A timely post Kim. They look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful. I've done this a couple of times and then used the shells in a mixed media collage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are simply wonderful!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete