Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Journal Page #1

I have been a maker of books for a few years now, but I have never been a journaller. I have wanted to write in these books, but I never managed to. So when Judy Wise offered up a class on journaling, I jumped at the opportunity to take it. It helped that I made a new journal that I knew I was going to throw paint into, and not worry about messing up.


And here is my first page in my journal.



I am far behind in the lessons, as Judy has many ideas on page development and writing prompts - but I will get there. I will continue to work at the speed that I am able to . Learning, trying and growing.



11 comments:

  1. Brilliant original inspiration work Kim!! Your palette is divine. *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Journaling is not only fun but a great way to make some space for where you are as a creative person and where you are going.
    So glad to see you exploring this Kim :)
    The color in the lower right is so, very, beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your pages so much. The color palette is beautiful and I like the face surrounded by leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the earth tones. I too have started the Journal-ing. Its such a stress release from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it is a beautiful page! I love the earthy colors and fine lines....just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is just beautiful! I love the colours and the way you use the fine liner pen to to pick out the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Warm, beautiful...I really like your style. Thank you for sharing this. I am glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know Judy was teaching a journaling class!! Dang! Next time. Your pages are gorgeous, I can't wait to see more!

    xoEsther

    ReplyDelete