Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Handmade Boxes




I was looking around for a box for a Christmas gift, and when I couldn't find what I needed, I decided to make one instead.



It is made out of a big piece of paper and I added a piece of cardboard to the bottom to make it a bit more stable.



Before I glued it together, I decorated the top and the sides with a handmade stamp.



The box is a bit over 5 inches square, and 3 inches deep.



To finish it off, I tied a piece of ripped qauze like fabric, and tied it around the package.



This is a smaller box I made. I sewed a piece of material onto the top of it for decoration. (before I glued the box together)



Inside the box is a piece of matching material, that hides and protects a piece of handmade jewellery.






I learned how to make these boxes on line, but unfortunately I forget where. If anyone knows, please let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Cool boxes! (I love 'goes-in to's'! aka boxes, bags, actually any kind of container! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool boxes! I learned how to make them years ago but haven't made any in such a long time. Now if only I could remember where I put the brown paper.......love that you made yours out of brown paper. Mine were made out of wall paper. They're fun too and so many patterns to chose from! Merry Christmas to you Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your boxes Kim and your ornaments are so uniquely you! Your family is so fortunate to have someone like you to give the holidays so much love!! XO

    ReplyDelete