Tuesday, December 13, 2011

JOY!

A few days ago I decided to make a few Christmas decorations to give to friends.


The base was made out of an old piece of book board that I covered in paper. I then took a piece of handmade paper that I had added texture to (when it was wet I stamped and made marks into it to and added bits of fiber, and when dry I added colour to the high points), and glued it to the front. I added the word joy, and a hanger to the top and a tassle to the bottom....


and it was ready for the tree.



This is one I made a couple of years ago - same process, but decorated with a copy of a painting and some buttons and lace.



That one actually ended up as a swap, and in Cloth Paper Scissors magazine.


6 comments:

  1. Kim, I really think you should rename your blog letting out the light because your inspiration lights up my life. I'm so making something like that for all the apartments in my building for Christmas Eve.

    Thank you for sharing so much of you with us and so regularly. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely decoration. I found myself being too restrained with my dangly bits for sale decs, I can let go for my own, tho & love adding feathers to the mix.

    Great paper bags, specially using your own prints - I got some funny looks when I ran out of bags & made some a la Roben Marie's tutorial! There are only about 2 friends in my world who would appreciate such beautiful bags, but that's enough...;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy! those are beautiful decorations! You are so clever and talented. I love to read your posts - I'm always inspired. Hope your holidays are filled with 'joy.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kim, another wonderful idea! I'm sure your friends will be thrilled to receive these treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so wonderfully hand made with love...your friends will be tickled I am sure!

    ReplyDelete