Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Accordian Style Book

I really enjoyed making this accordian style book over the Christmas Season. It is quite small (2 inches square) but not as small as the itsy bitsy book I posted earlier.

For this one, I took a long strip of heavy watercolour paper that I added some colour too
....once that was dry



I stamped it with my new fish stamp I carved and added bits of the seaweed stamp I also carved. A few bits of white paint, and words and a black border were added to finish the inside of the book.


The outside is stiff cardboard covered in paper,with a piece of the painted watercolour paper on which was stamped with the seaweed stamp. I added a fabric tie to wrap around the book for when it was closed. What fun it was!
I wish I had more creative time these days.... but it will come again, I just need to be patient.


3 comments: