Friday, July 20, 2012

A Happy Surprise!

As always I was happy to recieve my copy of Somerset Studio in the mail a few days ago.

But when I opened it I was in for a big surprise!   My article was in it.... It was an article I had written for GreenCraft magazine (published in February), and they had decided to reprint it in the current edition of Somerset Studio!

And although I know I have shown you these books before, I had to take a few new pictures of them.  This is one of my favourite books that I have made. 

They have soft covers, and the inside pages are all sewn together from old posters (so the pages are blank).


They are both decorated with my handcarved stamps, and this one has stamps decorating the pages.

WHAT A LOVELY SURPRISE IT WAS! 

***************************************************

Now onto what I am working on today..... a new collage.  I was working to keep it clean, but after looking at it for  a while, I decided it needed a bit of my messy style to finish it off.

And here is the finished collage.  A combination of clean with a bit of my messiness.

19 comments:

  1. Love the stitched leaves and the "bit of messiness" you added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this collage! Both versions! (and congrats on the article! {again} LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The art and books are gorgeous. Congratulations! Does that happen often...do they publish things like that without you knowing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The messiness ties the collage together wonderfully. Glad there's another messy Kim around.
    What a surprise to see your article show up in Somerset! Those are great little books. I love mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! These are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Kim! Great artwork deserves to be spread again and again. Thanks for your email replies to my questions,too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must feel wonderful to have your work published. The books are lovely. The collage looked good before but even better after your messiness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great surprise! Your books are wonderful - and the collage is too! Congratsl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Messy? Not at allllll...just plain fabulous both of them:) The article was how I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that’s wonderful, the kind of surprises i like :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work, and your latest collage piece is right up my alley!!! The lines, colors, stitching, etc....a feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on being published again. One goal of mine in the future I hope.
    Love your collage. I like the messiness of it although the before is good but it is more "you" now.
    Thanks for dropping by recently.
    Lesley♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your collage and I love your surprise too!! Your handmade books are amazing! Love your handcarved stamp embellishment. . .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Kim! I love your handmade books...so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gladly taking the opportunity for congratulations back to you...;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Kim. That is the perfect surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How exciting Kim.
    Love the new work and handmade book. Beautiful work as always. =D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love ur hand carved stamp! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete